The Internet Society Foundation is governed by a Board of Trustees composed of the current members of the Internet Society Board of Trustees.
The current members are (select their name to view their biography on the Internet Society website):
- Richard Barnes
- Maimouna Diop
- Paul Ebersman
- Brian Haberman
- Ted Hardie, Board Chair
- Luis Martinez
- Robert Pepper
- Jon Peterson
- George Sadowsky
- Muhammad Shabbir
- Laura Thomson, Treasurer
Andrew Sullivan, the President & CEO of the Internet Society, also serves as President & CEO of the Internet Society Foundation.
The membership of the Board of Trustees includes:
- Four members elected by Internet Society Chapters
- Four members elected by Internet Society Organization Members
- Four members appointed from the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)
More information about the Internet Society Board's policies, procedures, resolutions, meetings and elections is available in the Board of Trustees section of the Internet Society's website.
The Foundation board can be contacted by email at [email protected].
The Internet Society Foundation Board of Trustees has established the following committees to execute the work of the Board:
The Internet Society Foundation Board of Trustees meetings currently take place in conjunction with the regular meetings of the Internet Society Board of Trustees. The first meeting of the Foundation Board of Trustees was on 1 July 2018.
- List of resolutions passed by the Internet Society Foundation Board of Trustees
- By-Laws of the Internet Society Foundation adopted by the Internet Society Board of Trustees on 13 December 2017 and amended on 4 May 2021
- Articles of Incorporation
- IRS Determination Letter
For more information on our operations, or to view our audited financials, please view our GuideStar profile.