19 June 2022
Internet Society Foundation Board of Trustees Meeting #F17
19 June 2022
Watch the recording
All times on this agenda are listed in UTC.
Guide to Board session types:
- Closed executive session: board members only.
- Open to observers session: local and remote attendees are welcome to listen in.
- Open forum session: local and remote attendees are welcome to ask questions, provide input, and discuss with the board. There are no open forum sessions scheduled for this meeting.
Note: The Board may invite individuals to participate in any session (e.g., as presenters) as needed.
Open to Observers Session
Note: this session will begin in open session but move in and out of closed session during the board officer elections
1. Welcome, Apologies and Declaration of Conflicts – A. Sullivan (5 mins)
Per the Internet Society Foundation bylaws, the President will open the meeting and preside over the election of the Chair of the Board. Immediately following the election of Chair, the newly elected Chair will assume office and preside over the remainder of the meeting.
2. Annual Election of Board Chair – A. Sullivan (5 mins)
PURPOSE: To elect the Chair of the Internet Society Foundation Board of Trustees.
– Election of the Chair of the Board
3. Annual Election of Other Officers – Board Chair (5 mins)
PURPOSE: To elect other officers of the Internet Society Foundation Board of Trustees.
– Election of Treasurer
– Election of Board Secretary
4. Annual Appointment of Committee Chairs and Members – Board Chair (5 mins)
Resolution F2022-XX: Appoint chairs and members of committees of the Foundation Board.
RESOLVED, that the ISOC Foundation Board makes the following appointments to committees of the board for the 2022-2023 term.
Chair: Luis Martinez
Members: Brian Haberman, Victor Kuarsingh, Sagarika Wickramasekera.
Chair: Incoming Board Chair
Members: Brian Haberman, Victor Kuarsingh, Barry Leiba and Robert Pepper.
Chair: Incoming Board Chair
Members: Incoming Treasurer and Incoming Board Secretary.
Non-voting, ex-officio members: Andrew Sullivan
Open to Observers Session (continued)
Chair: Incoming Treasurer
Members: Ted Hardie, Robert Pepper, Jon Peterson and George Sadowsky.
Non-voting, ex-officio member: Andrew Sullivan
Strategic Advisory Committee
Chair: Jon Peterson
Members: Brian Haberman, Luis Martinez, Charles Mok, Robert Pepper and Laura Thomson.
Non-voting, ex-officio member: Andrew Sullivan11:30-11:35
5. Approve the minutes of the previous Board meeting – Board Chair (5 mins)
Resolution F2022-XX: Approve the minutes of the 16th Foundation board meeting
RESOLVED, that the minutes of the 16th meeting of the ISOC Foundation Board of Trustees, held by videoconference on 8 June 2022, are approved.
6. Action items from the 2021-2022 Foundation Board – Board Chair (5 mins)
PURPOSE: To accept a summary of agreed Board action items from the 2021-2022 Foundation Board of Trustees.
Summary of Agreed Board Action Items
At the close of the Internet Society Foundation board year, the outgoing Board of Trustees conveys to the incoming board a list of priorities which, based on its knowledge and experience, are crucial for the continued success of the organization. At the close of its term, the 2021-2022 board conveyed the following list of priorities to the 2022-2023 board:
- Continue to support the approved Foundation programs.
- Support the evolution of the relationship of the Internet Society Foundation as a supporting organization of the Internet Society.
Resolution F2022-XX: Accept the Summary of Agreed Board Action Items from the 2021-2022 Foundation Board.
RESOLVED, the ISOC Foundation Board of Trustees accepts the Summary of Agreed Board Action Items as conveyed by the 2021-2022 board.
7. Updates from the Executive Director – S. Armstrong (60 mins)
PURPOSE: To receive updates on Q2 Program Highlights; Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning; Communications; Operations; and Expanding the Team.
Move to Closed Executive Session
8. Updates from the CFO – S. Park (25 mins)
PURPOSE: To receive a report from the CFO regarding the Internet Society Foundation’s 2022 first quarter financial results.
No resolution required.
Move to Open to Observers Session
9. Any other business – Board Chair (5 mins)
10. Adjournment of Foundation Board Annual General Meeting